Rec Room Chicago. Located at 18 W Hubbard Street. House party–themed basement watering hole with 70s style decor, dance floor & a free jukebox.
It feels like Hugh Hefner’s modern library with few tables & just big enough of a dance area to make it work. It’s a great spot to drink and dance in River North if you’ve outgrown the days of Social Twenty-Five across the street.
» show more
Upon entering the space (which opens at 10 p.m.), guests are poured a shot of spiked punch to get in the mood for dancing beneath a disco ball. There’s a fully stocked jukebox, cheap drinks poured out of a bar that is reminiscent of school stadium concession stand, and bowls of jelly beans on tables near couches. At midnight, a decorative fridge stocked with cooked frozen pizzas opens for the taking.
Rec Room is a place for a good time for people who aren’t all that into the standard River North clubbiness.
With years of experience, our VIP Nightlife team can take your ideas from an inspiration to a fully executed, once-in-a-lifetime occasion. Let us plan a great night out in Chicago. Call us quick and easy: 312 878 0707.
» show less
What To Know
Music: Throwbacks, Top40
Best for: if you’re not in mood for typical nightclub
Average Line: 10-30min
Price: $$ (Moderate)
Attire: Casual, Relaxed
When To Visit
Hours of Operation
Friday 9:00PM – 2:00AM
Saturday 9:00PM –3:00AM
Where To Go
NBHD: River North
18 W Hubbard St
Chicago, IL 60654
Rec Room location:
Located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, at 18 W Hubbard. Enter Henry’s and head downstairs to room marked by giant skull.
A mix of people wanting to dance it out; where you don’t have to wear a skintight mini-dress and 4-inch heels. Diverse crowd with 20-40 age group. And if you’re a 90’s baby and or just love the 90’s – 2000’s pop, hip hop, and r&b; then this is the place for you!
Drinks & Pricing:
Bottled cocktails with bottled gin & tonics (Beefeater & house tonic) and margaritas. For groups, drinks are available in large format and delivered via bottle service. No food is served, unless private event.
• It’s a cash bar only.
• Expect to pay $12-$14 for cocktails. $40 for Super Size.
• $150 Punch Bowl for 6.
• Beers range from $5-$8 and shots at $6-$10.
• Click To View Drink List.
• There’s a mini fridge full of junk food that’s free after midnight.
• Rec Room does not charge a cover.
• The line forms pretty fast after 11pm.
• Place is kind of small; so it can take a while to get in after 11PM.
• But there are drinks and board games to play while you do.
• Once in, you’ll be glad the crowd size is controlled.
When to go:
• Rec Room is open Friday and Saturday at 9 pm.
• They also host stand-up comedy without a cover on Sundays.
Best table location:
• Depends on size of your group.
• Click To View Venue Map.
• Street and valet parking both available.
Still have questions?
Head to our Contact Information to directly connect with us.
Rec Room Dress Code
• Casual, Relaxed Attire.
• Rec Room is pretty relaxed on dress code.
• No baggy clothing, no Timberlands, no open-toed flats, no sandals.